Senate Health and Human Services Committee
Tuesday, June 4, 2019 | 11:00 a.m.
Main Capitol, Room 461
- SB 314 (Baker) – Establishes the Pennsylvania Rural Health Redesign Center Authority and the Pennsylvania Rural Health Redesign Center Fund.
- SB 432 (Phillips-Hill) – Amends the Achieving Better Care by Monitoring All Prescriptions Program (ABC-MAP) Act to allow Medicaid Managed Care Organizations to have access to the information in the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program.
- SB 454 (J. Ward) – Amends the Human Services Code to require public notice of provider payment rates for individuals with an intellectual disability or autism.
- SB 569 (Langerholc) – Amends the Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act to provide limits on the dispensing of Fentanyl and fentanyl derivatives.
- SB 572 (Aument) – Amends Title 35 (Health and Safety) to require new patients who need a prescribed opioid regime to enter into treatment agreements with a prescriber to ensure patients understand the risks of addiction and dangers of overdose associated with the medication and their responsibilities regarding treatment. Requires patients to undergo baseline drug testing to assess to monitor adherence to treatment plans.
- SB 633 (Costa) – Provides for the declaration of a public health emergency, for duties of the Department of Health, for temporary regulations and for immunity from liability
- SB 675 (Brooks) – Provides for certification of buprenorphine office-based prescribers; limiting the use of buprenorphine; and imposing powers and duties on the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs.
- SB 695 (Brooks) – Amends the Human Services Code to effectuate budget issues.
- HB 856 (Boback) – Amends Title 67 (Human Services) to reinstate the Kinship Care Program which provided adoption subsidies to permanent legal custodians which was invalidated by the Supreme Court for violating the single subject rule when originally passed as Act 80 of 2012.