HARRISBURG –November 16, 2020 –Sen. Michele Brooks said school safety grants were awarded today to Corry Area School District, West Middlesex Area School District, Warren County School District, and St. Michael’s through the Intermediate Unit (IU).
“My prayer is that one day we will get back to a time when anti-violence grants are not needed, but in the meantime, I am thankful for the resources that will help protect our children’s schools and communities,” Sen. Brooks said.
“I would like to thank our schools for developing such well-thought-out plans to assist in keeping children and staff safe,” she added.
School districts and other entities that will receive grants include:
- Corry Area School District –$14,200 for equipment
- Corry Area School District –$10,900 for programming
- Corry Area School District –$35,500 for school resource officers
- IU 4/ St. Michaels’ –$22,601
- West Middlesex Area School District –$15,246
- Warren Area School District –$7,900
Eligible uses for the grants include funding for school resource and police officers, purchasing security-related equipment, and creating other programming to protect students.
The grants were awarded by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Contact: Diane McNaughton (717) 787-1322