HARRISBURG (Sept. 18, 2018) Sen. Michele Brooks announced that five projects in Crawford County are receiving Small Water and Sewer Grants, totaling more than $260,000.
The projects were approved by the Commonwealth Financing Authority (CFA) at its meeting today.
They include the following grants:
- $80,000 for the Borough of Cambridge Springs, for new waterlines along High and Pleasant Streets
- $40,000 for Bloomfield Township Sewage Authority, for many sewage pump station upgrades
- $70,000 for Meadville Area Water Authority, to replace a water line alone Bessemer Street
- $35,000 for Linesville Borough, to monitor the water for potential problems, and
- $35,000 for Cochranton Borough, for emergency generators in Fairfield Township in the event of power outages.
“I was pleased to support these local projects, which help our communities address local infrastructure needs and prepare for weather-related emergencies,” Sen. Brooks said. “I appreciated the opportunity to work with local officials as we strengthen our infrastructure to assist the families and businesses of today while also preparing for future growth.”
Contact: Diane McNaughton (717) 787-1322