HARRISBURG – (November 21, 2017) Senator Michele Brooks announced that several area schools have been awarded grants to enhance student safety. This targeted funding, recently approved by the Department of Education, can be used to purchase such safety tools as video cameras, deadbolts, powerful lighting, visitor identification systems, and other precautions.
The schools and the amounts received for safety equipment include:
- Commodore Perry School District, $20,000
- Mercer Area School District, $19,670
- Mercer County Career and Technical Center, $19,755
- West Middlesex Area School District, $17,920, and
- Erie Rise Leadership Academy Charter School, $19,082.
“I’d like to thank our schools for applying for these grants, and I look forward to continuing to work with them. Student safety is one of our highest priorities, because unfortunately, times have changed so much, even from the days when my children were in school.”